The Commission consists of seven members appointed by the Mayor, all members being residents of the Township and one being a member of the Land Use Board also.
Powers of the Commission:
- Research Use and Possible Uses for open land areas and natural resources
- Coordinate activites of unofficial bodies organized for similar purposes
- Handles distributing of materials for Environmental purposes
- Maintains an index of public or privately owned areas(marshlands, swamps, and other wetlands) to obtain information on the proper use of these areas
- May recommend to the Planning Board and the Township Committee plans and programs to be included in the Master Plans for the development and use of such areas
- May aquire real and personal property in the name of the Township to ensure conservation and proper use of open spaces and other land and water areas
Meets the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m.
Secretary – Ruth Pante - (908)852-2768Meeting Minutes
EXPLORE MANSFIELD PHOTO CONTEST-Come explore mansfield through photos! We are looking for beautiful, truthful, creative and striking digital images to celebrate your exploration of Mansfield. Your images should highlight three categories: nature, landscapes and architecture. See photo contest rules to participate - one photo per category per month - deadline March 1, 2017 - email your photo or questions to
. Be sure to read "how to enter" instructions before sending your photo file. See flyer for more information.http://www.freecycle.com
"Recycle your home and office proucts or find products for free at freecycle.com"