Municipal Alliance in consultation with the Warren County Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse shall identify alcoholism and drug prevention, education and community needs.
The Mansfield Municipal Alliance shall be responsible for:
- Organizing and coordinating efforts involving schools, law enforcement, business groups and other community organizations for the purpose of reducing alcoholism and drug abuse
- In cooperation with the school districts, developing procedures for the intervention, referral to treatment and discipline of students abusing alcohol or drugs
- Developing comprehensive alcoholism and drug abuse education and support and outreach efforts for parents in the community
- Developing comprehensive alcoholism and drug abuse community awerness programs
- Creating a network of community leaders, private citizens, and representatives of public and private human service agencies who make a comprehensive and coordinated effort to promote and support drug and alcohol prevention and education programs and related activities with an emphasis on youth
- Conducting an assessment of their community to determine the needs of the community in relation to alcoholism and drug abuse issues
- Identify existing efforts and services acting to reduce alcoholism and drug abuse
- Coordinating projects within the municipality to avoid fragmentation and duplication
- Assisting the Township with acquiring funds for Alliance programs
The Township is currently in a Shared Service for Municipal Alliance with Washington Borough and Franklin Township.
Patrolman Madonna, DARE Officer